Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League of Legends Community

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I would like some advice...

Go down 
+6
jpesh
tbum
EkX
Kasssandra
Hashishun
Aganiel
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Aganiel

Aganiel

I would like some advice... Empty
PostSubject: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:21 pm

So far, I have 4 champions I enjoy playing the most; Pantheon, Janna (being my absolute favourite), Orianna and Caitlyn. So I have made (about just now) an item build for each of them and if you would have the time, please comment on it. What can be better? What should I add/remove?
Note, these are builds that I made because I think the items in question fit the champ perfectly for the role I want them to have. So don't go calling me a noob... In games like this, you can never learn enough, and you can always grow better. We're not all like HotshotGG and Shushei...

Pantheon
-Tiamat
-Berserker's Greaves
-Yoomu's Ghostblade
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Randuin's Omen

Janna
-Soul Shroud
-Ionian Boots of Lucidity
-Archangel's Staff
-Aegis of the Legion
-Will of the Ancients
-Shurelya's Reverie

Orianna
-Rod of Ages
-Rabaddon's Deathcap
-Frozen Heart
-Nashor's Tooth
-Archangel's Staff

Caitlyn
-Boots of Swiftness
-Phantom Dancer
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Banshee's Veil

Note #2: Not because I wrote them in a specific order, means i'll get them in THAT order. I'll get the essential things first.

Thanks in advance =)

Aganiel
(hopefully soon a member)
Back to top Go down
Hashishun
Jury
Jury
Hashishun

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 pm

first off, your avatar is disturbing lol Very Happy

second off, I feel that builds are never certain. There are always the core items, but then the rest of the items should be built based off of the other team.
Back to top Go down
Kasssandra
Admin
Admin
Kasssandra

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 pm

so, I dont rly play 3 of the champs, but I know we have some members that should be able to help you

I will however give an input on you Janna - since she was my main until recently (and prob will be again now after heal nerf)

Honestly you dont even need a build on janna

I remember whe I was <1100 elo and climbing out of that holeI used to go ap Janna (roa, mejais and cap - and its awesome at low elo to get yourself out of there) - I would however not do that again (although ap janna mid is pretty awesome)

As a support you rarely have the chance to farm (and with janna yo dont need to) 90% of the time you'll be laning with someone that has a higher need for items and gold, which is why you let them have it - janna's role is to save her team when they get in trouble (knockup, slow, shield = too good) an to harrass the enemy as good as you can in lane (cant run out of mana though)
with all that cc you hardly need any items to be good

My items
I start of with
- fairie pendant (the 3mp5 - sorry if I remebered the name wrong)
- 2 hp pots
- 3 green wards
reason: the mana regen is best and you'l be neding that fr your next item, hp pots are for you not to have to return justbecause you get caught off guard early on, the wards are for your lan security, place them strategically places in bushes and in the river to protect you from junglers and annoying enemies (ex: I usuallyput a ard in the brush if a blitz/sion/taric wanna play hide and seek, that way your lane partner can harrass them and the minions will go for them)

next: (I usually go back when I have about 800-1100 g)
- upgrade to philo stone
- basic boots (if you can afford it - unless save it for nest time)
- wards (if you have to get back earlier Id usually always get at least one ward over buying my philo, in the end keeping your lane partner safe i more important than your income) - consider a pink for dragon

next: (first I look at the opposin team - are they warding - do they have stealthers - etc etc)
- if its a yes Ill be getting an oracle here (unless they seem to have it in for you, and youre dying a lot, but that should rarely be an issue)
- heart of gold (for the health and the gp5)
- wards (after this point I always have min 5 green wards in my bags - I make sure dragon and baron alway is warded and other important places/brushes)

next
- upgrade boots (I go swiftness cus its fun, but lucidity is def a good choice)
- start on that aegis
- wards (got it now? Razz)
- about the time when I start to buy a blue potion aswell

next
its very rare that the game goes on this long, with me no farming and buying lots of wards, and keeping oracle up the gameis usually ove by the time I get here
if its no t my next item depends on the teams and how its going
I have an ap heavy team: get a will of the ancient (if no one else haves)
I have an ad heavy team: get a starks
They are mean and focusing me: some kind of health, banshee or upgrading to s shurelia
Its just a fun stomp and not rly anythin to be worried about: deathcap

I have only one gotten more than one of these late game items so I rarely consider them

hope it wa useful - I rarely get to tell ppl about support so Im excited when someone asks about it ^^
Back to top Go down
https://meridiangaming.danskforum.net
Aganiel

Aganiel

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks Kass ^^
I'll read through it asap, and see if I can become better ^^
Back to top Go down
EkX
Staff
Staff
EkX

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Caitlyn
-Boots of Swiftness
-Phantom Dancer
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Banshee's Veil

try picking madreds bloodrazor instead of banshee's Veil.

And always stand in a good position.
Back to top Go down
tbum
Jury
Jury

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:26 pm

pantheon advice dont play him. orianna advice rush catalyst. rabadons zhonyas lich bane sorc shoes void staff banshees.
Back to top Go down
jpesh

jpesh

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:37 pm

For Orianna I prefer starting meki and pots. Going home as soon as I can when I reach enough for a tear. The nonstop spam harass that follows can't be matched with any other starting setup imo. Between Dissonance and Shockwave you and/or your lane partner will have free farm on the lane. I like to follow it up with rylai, finish my archangel's, rabadons then survival items depending on the situation. Smile
Back to top Go down
Aganiel

Aganiel

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:24 pm

tbum wrote:
pantheon advice dont play him. orianna advice rush catalyst. rabadons zhonyas lich bane sorc shoes void staff banshees.

You might wanna elaborate on why I shouldn't?

On ori, I rush the Rod of Ages as a priority.

Last edited by Aganiel on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aganiel

Aganiel

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:25 pm

EkX wrote:
Caitlyn
-Boots of Swiftness
-Phantom Dancer
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Banshee's Veil

try picking madreds bloodrazor instead of banshee's Veil.

And always stand in a good position.

Well, I chose Banshee's so she would have -some- degree of survivability. Just in case. But Madred's is an Item I switch with Last Whisper, when there's an enemy champion with a fuckload on HP
Back to top Go down
JFerris72

JFerris72

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Imo tear isn't that great of a thing to get, and very unneeded on ori.

With just a catalyst and some mana regen seals you will have no problem keeping up harras in lane, and if you really wana spam constantly ask for the blue buff of maybe pick up a dorans ring, which will add in a lot of lane dominance to the already dominant oriana.

Overall though i just make sure to get ROA and deathcap and build out of necessity after that, be it more survive or a void staff for crazy damage.
Back to top Go down
rootintootin

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Pantheon
-Tiamat
-Berserker's Greaves
-Yoomu's Ghostblade
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Randuin's Omen

Janna
-Soul Shroud
-Archangel's Staff
-Aegis of the Legion
-Will of the Ancients
-Shurelya's Reverie

Orianna
-Rod of Ages
-Rabaddon's Deathcap
-Frozen Heart
-Nashor's Tooth
-Archangel's Staff

Caitlyn
-Boots of Swiftness
-Phantom Dancer
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Banshee's Veil

Pantheon: Yomuus, Merc treds, BT, BT, and what ever tanky item you need after that
Orianna: Roa, Deathcap, then what you need to deal more dmg. IE BV or WoTa, Hourglass that sort of thing. Don't waste money on frozen heart or nashors tooth or archangels staff
Caitlyn: just switch boots to zerker greaves
Back to top Go down
Jariah

Jariah

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Hello! I play Caitlyn regularly to be able to offer some advice.

Caitlyn
-Boots of Swiftness -> swap for zerker greaves
-Phantom Dancer
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Banshee's Veil -> swap for black cleaver

When I play Caitlyn I literally go ALL-DPS. I usually let my runes carry all my survivability (Flat health Quints, HP/LV seals, MR/LV glyphs, ArmPen marks)
I also only play Caitlyn if I have a support bottom with me. With many carries you need to farm your items-- but once you get the money you eat tanks like cotton candy.
I think Caitlyn benefits best from her passive proc -- which is why AS/Crit/DMG rules my build. The more times I can abuse her passive the more chances I have to crit; And the higher my AD the better my Crit will be. It's not uncommon to continuously hit for 1k/hit. Of course I would argue that your CORE build should consist of the Bloodthirster(sustainment) PD(AS) and Cleaver(AD).

Of course my playstyle is high risk high reward so you have to ask yourself, is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Zdrastochye
Staff
Staff
Zdrastochye

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:13 am

Jariah wrote:
Hello! I play Caitlyn regularly to be able to offer some advice.

Caitlyn
-Boots of Swiftness -> swap for zerker greaves
-Phantom Dancer
-Blood Thirster
-Infinity Edge
-Last Whisper
-Banshee's Veil -> swap for black cleaver

When I play Caitlyn I literally go ALL-DPS. I usually let my runes carry all my survivability (Flat health Quints, HP/LV seals, MR/LV glyphs, ArmPen marks)
I also only play Caitlyn if I have a support bottom with me. With many carries you need to farm your items-- but once you get the money you eat tanks like cotton candy.
I think Caitlyn benefits best from her passive proc -- which is why AS/Crit/DMG rules my build. The more times I can abuse her passive the more chances I have to crit; And the higher my AD the better my Crit will be. It's not uncommon to continuously hit for 1k/hit. Of course I would argue that your CORE build should consist of the Bloodthirster(sustainment) PD(AS) and Cleaver(AD).

Of course my playstyle is high risk high reward so you have to ask yourself, is it worth it?

I'd argue that it's not worth it. I think you have it backwards.

With the meta shift hurting supports, early game sustain (before people start getting armor/mr/health regen) is hard to come by if your champ doesn't have it built in. If you went flat damage for sheer facerape at level 1 and such, you're more likely to get kills early, rather than building tanky and hoping your items (once yo uget them) will be significantly more damage than they can keep up with. If you went flat arp/ad/whatever early on, and then maybe throw in a BV after IE or PD, you'll have the same tankiness from your runes, but hopefully your early game damage got you a kill where the tanky runes wouldn't have.

KEEP IN MIND, I never played ranged AD, this is just my objective view as a top laner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would like some advice...   I would like some advice... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I would like some advice...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum :: Public :: General-
Jump to: